In accordance with Norwalk City code, Chapter 99, a snow emergency will go into effect at 8:30 am Friday, February 8, 2013.
Please remove vehicles from streets.
Dependent on conditions, garbage and recycling collection could be postponed. Call Customer Service for updates (203) 854-3200
In accordance with City Code:
1. No vehicle shall park or otherwise remain standing upon any snow emergency route when there is present an accumulation of two or more inches of snow or ice for a period of one hour or more between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. of any day.
2. A declared snow emergency shall remain in effect until terminated by announcement of the Mayor.
3. No person shall park a vehicle or otherwise allow a vehicle to stand upon any portion of a snow emergency route. No person shall park a vehicle or otherwise allow a vehicle to stand upon any street in such a manner as to constitute a hazard or obstruction to vehicular or pedestrian traffic or to hamper and interfere with the work of removing or plowing snow or removal of ice.
4. Vehicles in violation of these restrictions may be ticketed and/or towed at owner expense.
5. All public parking facilities will be open without charge throughout the Snow Emergency. Residents are especially encouraged to utilize covered garages; The Maritime Garage on North Water Street and the Yankee Doodle Garage on Burnell Boulevard.
6. Users of public transportation are advised to check for possible changes to the system operation. Updates will be posted at the Norwalk Transit Web Site: www.norwalktransit.com.