Linking Use Policy
Links to Third Parties' Websites
Sites linked from the City of Norwalk website are not under the control of the City of Norwalk. The City of Norwalk does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information, communications or materials available at such linked sites, or at any link contained in a linked site. The City of Norwalk does not intend these third party links to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities by the City. Each individual site has its own set of policies about what information is appropriate for public access. User assumes sole responsibility for use of third party links and pointers.
External links will be limited to the following:
- Official government websites including federal, state and local.
- An organization whose website primarily promotes the economic welfare, tourism, volunteerism, and industry of Connecticut.
- An organization whose website primarily provides recreational, health, public safety, natural disaster, or weather information that affects the City of Norwalk.
- An organization whose website primarily provides public transportation related information.
- Professional associations to which the City of Norwalk pays membership dues for its employees.
- Public Educational Institutions
- Hospitals that serve Connecticut residents
- Local Public Library
- Utility Companies that serve Connecticut residents
- Local nonprofit Internet service providers supported by the City of Norwalk
- Software vendors needed to display information on the City’s website.
- Websites providing information which precludes city staff from recreating or duplicating information and provides specific information supplementing that already provided on the City’s Website.
It is the responsibility of organizations in which the City of Norwalk is linked to provide updated link information when necessary. Links that are found to be no longer valid will be removed.
Inward links must not load into an existing frame and City of Norwalk information must not look like it is part of the linked Website.
To Request a Link
To request a link on the City of Norwalk Website, please send information about your organization to . This information must include the following:
- The name, address and contact information for your organization
- The name and either an email address or phone number of a contact person
- The URL of the Link you are requesting to be added
- A description of the goods or services you organization provides
- Any special demographic selection that your organization services specifically
Once we receive the request, we will evaluate the site for inclusion in The City of Norwalk website.
Other Sites Linking to the City of Norwalk
Linking to The City of Norwalk is permitted under limited conditions. If you link to this site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light. You must also refrain from creating frames, or using other visual altering tools, around to The City of Norwalk pages. Lastly, you may not imply that The City of Norwalk is endorsing your product or services.
Inward links must not load into an existing frame and City of Norwalk information must not look like it is part of the linked Website. You may link to individual departmental web pages by creating a text link to a specific department. You may not use their logo for linking purposes. Once you have created a link to The City of Norwalk, test the link to confirm it works and then notify the City of Norwalk Webmaster.