At the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency, all of our energies and resources go into enhancing the physical, economic, and social environment of the Norwalk community.
We work here. We live here. We're proud of - and know firsthand - Norwalk's present advantages and future opportunities.
- The Wall Street - West Avenue Neighborhood Plan was approved on March 13th, 2019. The Plan is available here as well as in hard copy at the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency located at 3 Belden Avenue Norwalk, CT 06850.
The Plan consolidates, updates, and replaces the previous Wall Street Redevelopment Plan as well as the West Avenue Redevelopment Plan.
- The CDBG PY47 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and application instructions are at https://www.norwalkct.org/1412/Community-Development-Block-Grant. Eligible non-profit organization are invited to apply for CDBG program year 47 entitlement funding.
- The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency invites the public to comment on our draft application to the EPA Brownfields Cleanup Grant. Additional details are found in the provided link. FY21 EPA Brownfield Cleanup Grant Public Meeting Notice. Drafts of the Project Narrative and Analysis of Brownfields Cleanup Alternatives (ABCA) are available here:
30 Monroe Street ABCA
EPA Grant Application Project Narrative
- THE SONO COLLECTION - EXTERIOR FACADE MATERIAL OPTIONS
- THE SONO COLLECTION - EXTERIOR SIGNAGE MANUAL
- Whistleville / Lexington Avenue Historic Preservation Strategy (September 2015)
- Meetings and Committees
- Greater Norwalk Ten Year Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness
- Resources & Guidelines, Historic Preservation in Norwalk (July 1980)
- DRAFT Parking Plan (December 2012)
- Connectivity Masterplan (March 2012)
- Sustainable Design Guidelines (May 2011), apply to all redevelopment plan areas
- Fiscal and Economic Impact Analysis of Norwalk Redevelopment Projects (June 2016)
- Fiscal and Economic Impact Analysis of Norwalk Redevelopment Projects - Presentation
Redevelopment & Urban Renewal Plans (according to State Statute 132)
- Wall Street - West Avenue Neighborhood Plan
- Reed Putnam Urban Renewal Area
- TOD Redevelopment Plan, approved September 2016
- Urban Renewal Plan Washington-South Main Street Improvement Area #2 (1981, rev 2006)
For Public Comment
Community Arts & Cultural Sponsorship Program
For The Public
South Norwalk Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Study
The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency is currently implementing its Norwalk TOD Redevelopment plan. Under the guidance of the Norwalk
Redevelopment Agency and the City of Norwalk, a study of the area surrounding the South Norwalk Train Station is underway. To learn more, visit the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency's website.
As part of our goal to give the public as many opportunities to share their thoughts and ideas on changes and improvements to the area, we are distributing a short survey that should take only 10 minutes. It is being mailed, emailed, posted online and, hopefully, shared by folks who live in, work in and visit Norwalk. If you fill out a paper version, you can drop your completed survey off at Norwalk Redevelopment Agency at 3 Belden Avenue, Norwalk.
To take the survey visit: tinyurl.com/sonosurvey
Please encourage others to complete the questionnaire and feel free to share the survey link with your network via email or on social media: https://www.tinyurl.com/sonosurvey
Mathews Park Master Site Plan
Draft Mathews Park Master Plan
The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency is currently seeking feedback on a set of proposed draft recommendations for improving Mathews Park. We are asking that the public review the two presentations from our public meetings and submit any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Friday July 30th. This feedback will help inform our efforts to submit a final set of recommendations to the City for how to improve Mathews Park.