We currently have a limited supply of Smoke Alarms on a first come first serve basis for those in need. Please contact us at 203-854-0248 or 203-854-0249 to set up an appointment for installations by our staff between the hours of 5-7pm Monday -Thursday.
Some of our Basic Services
- Prior to the issuance of a building permit, the Fire Prevention Bureau reviews all building plans to ensure that the plans comply with all applicable fire codes and regulations. Every inspector is trained by the State of Connecticut in plan review to find any errors that may not comply to the State Fire Code.
- Fire prevention inspectors conduct periodic inspections of facilities to ensure that business operations are conducted in a safe manner and are consistent with the conditions of approval. We have inspection checklists for several different occupancy types that would help you prepare for a upcoming inspection.
- Issues permits (NOT FOR UST TANK REMOVALS) and conducts inspections for special events such as festivals, events with tents or canopies and fireworks booths.
- Public education
- Enforcement of the Fire Prevention codes.
- Providing for the investigation of all structure fires in our jurisdiction as required by the CT State fire code.
- Maintaining all NFIRS reports, fire inspection reports, and fire investigation reports for the Division.