The 2021 Holiday Season may look a little different as we return to normal traditions while still being mindful of COVID precautions. We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!
Whether you're planning on traveling or will be hosting for the holidays, visit the CDV COVID 19 Information page for updates and tips
Holiday Safety Tips
Cooking Safety Tips
The kitchen is the heart of the home, especially during the holidays. Kids love to be involved in holiday preparations. Safety in the kitchen is important when there is a lot of activity and people at home.NFPA Cooking Safety
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button
Resources are also available in multiple languages: click here to visit: