PLEASE NOTE: The Mayor has mandated that City Hall be closed to the public due to the pending threat of the Coronavirus. The Assessment Office will have staff on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday's during this time frame to answer phones and emails from 9:00am to 4:30pm. We apologize for any inconvenience.
****NOTICE REGARDING APPLICATION FOR TAX CREDITS**** (click here) as of 4/14/20.
ALL BAA APPLICATIONS ARE STILL DUE ON FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2020. YOU MAY EMAIL THEM OR FAX THEM INTO THE ASSESSOR'S OFFICE BY 4:30 ON FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2020. If an extension is granted, we will make it widely know to all applicants.
The tax assessor for Norwalk discovers, lists, and values all taxable and exempt property in the City of Norwalk.
Property record cards, public access terminals, tax maps reflecting property boundaries, the city's street index, and Norwalk's sales indices are all available for public access.
Self-made copies cost $0.50 or $1.00 per page. Staff-made copies and requests for fax services cost $1 per page. The aforementioned indices are also available for purchase. This office will also provide custom-made computer files for the cost to fulfill the request.
The following resources are available through the tax assessor's office:
- 2018 GRAND LIST CHANGE SUMMARY
- 2018 Residential Appraised & Sale Value Map
- 2018 Revaluation Press Release - November 30, 2018
- 2018 Revaluation Public Meeting Presentation - November 20, 2018
- 2018 Revaluation Press Release - November 14, 2018
- Lookup My Real Estate Parcel Information
- Elderly Tax Credit Information