Resident Beach and Boat Pass Information
Please check https://nwlk.norwalkct.org/passes/ to download your new 2021 season pass.
The Yard Waste site & Transfer Station will need a printed and displayed valid Resident Pass for access year-round.
If you need assistance with resident passes (Disposal) please email us at email@example.com to get a pass or you can call us at 203-854-7806. You can also come to the walk-up window at City Hall -at the left of the main entrance facing the outside of the building- Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Your car needs to be registered to Norwalk to get a free Beach & Parks Pass as well as a Disposal Pass for the Yard Waste site and the Transfer Station. The Marvin school pass needs to be displayed on your dashboard inside your vehicle if you park there.
If you will not be changing your vehicle registration to Norwalk and are a Norwalk resident you can purchase a Beach and Parks Pass for $250.00 and a Disposal Pass for $100.00 for the season (valid from 4/1/2021-3/31/2022) If you decide to purchase a pass we will need you to come down to City hall with proof of residency- Tax bill, mortgage statement, lease- and your current car registration.
We only get your records from the DMV once a year in September/October, therefore; if your car was registered to Norwalk before September, you should be able to verify and print your pass online. If you are a Norwalk Resident and your car is registered to Norwalk, you can click here to verify you are in our Grand list and print your Resident Pass or enter this link into your browser https://nwlk.norwalkct.org/passes/
- If you purchased a new vehicle, traded or swapped your plates, or made any changes through the DMV after September of the previous year we will not have your records. If you can’t verify your vehicle online, you can email a photo of your car registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Law gives you 90 days from when you moved to change your car registration to your new City and State. If you moved to Norwalk within the last 3 months we will need to see your lease or your property deed showing the date and that you moved here within the last 3 months and your current vehicle registration NO EXCEPTIONS- PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL RECEIVE A FREE RESIDENT PASS FOR 3 MONTHS FROM THE DATE ON YOUR LEASE/DEED
- You can email these documents to us at email@example.com If it's been over 3 months from the date on your lease or deed, you will need to either change it with the DMV or pay a fee: Beach and Parks Pass for $250.00 and a Disposal Pass for $100.00 for the season (valid from 4/1/2021-3/31/2022)
- To change your address through the DMV: Change of address (ct.gov)
- To print your vehicle registration through the DMV: Reprint Registration (ct.gov)
*If you moved here over 3 months from the date on your lease/deed and your car is not registered to Norwalk we will not be able to issue a free Resident Pass. You can purchase a Beach and Parks Pass for $250.00 and a Disposal Pass for $100.00 for the season (valid from 4/1/2021-3/31/2022) If you decide to purchase a pass we will need you to come down to City hall after scheduling an appointment with us. You will need to bring proof of address (Tax form or lease/deed) and your car registration. We take checks or Visa & MasterCard. NO CASH. Also, if you decide to buy your pass mid-season or later please be advised we DO NOT prorate the cost of the pass.
If you are driving a corporate car and it is not registered to Norwalk we will need you to bring the following documentation to our walk-up window at City Hall:
- Most recent pay stub
- You need to be the ONLY driver of this vehicle
- Letter from the company with company letterhead stating you are allowed to drive said vehicle (vehicle License plate# and VIN# in the body of letter)
- Proof of address to Norwalk (Tax form or lease/deed)
- Car registration
If you have a rental car we need to see proof of address, the rental agreement as well as the car registration. We will manually input this into the master list for the duration of the rental agreement.
NON-RESIDENT LANDLOCKED TOWNS BEACH PASS -
The 2021 Landlocked Non Resident permit allows residents from the towns of New Canaan, Redding, Ridgefield, Weston, and Wilton to purchase a nonresident pass. Please bring your current vehicle registration with you to purchase a pass for Calf Pasture at $325.00, Cranbury Park $150.00 for the season. If you are a non-resident and would like to visit our beach or parks for a day, you can pay over the phone ($40.00/car/day) at 877-727-5730 or by downloading the Parkmobile app www.parkmobile.com
Resident Launch Stickers can be purchased at the Veterans Park Launch Ramp Boating Center during the current Launch Ramp operating hours, Sunday-Wednesday: 8 am-6 pm, Fridays and Saturdays: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm until the end of the season on October 31st, 2021. To purchase a Norwalk boat launch sticker the boat must be registered in Norwalk, complete the boat sticker registration form, and bring the registration form along with your current boat registration to Veterans Park Launch Ramps Boating Center. Boat Launch stickers will not be issued to P.O. boxes or to a business. Boats that do not have a Norwalk-issued sticker will be charged the daily launching rates.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Recreation and Parks Department at 203-854-7806 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org