Zoning Permit Applications Guidelines

An approved Zoning Permit is required in advance of applying for a Building Permit.  

The Zoning Permit Application form can be found here.   Applicants should fill out only the highlighted portions and sign at the bottom.  Zoning Staff will fill out the rest of the form during review of your project.  

In addition to the application form, you will need to submit plans that adequately depict your project.  Depending on the nature of your project, you may need to provide a land survey map, a site plan, architectural drawings and/or construction drawings. 

While City Hall is closed to the public during Coronavirus/Covid-19, please follow these instructions:

For projects involving Residential (1- & 2-Family Residences) Properties 

For projects involving Commercial Tenant Fit-up, New Commercial Construction, or Residences with greater units than Two-Family

You can submit your application and plans to ZoningPermits@NorwalkCT.org.

You may also drop-off hard copies of plan sets and your application at the designated bin on the Loading Dock at the north side of City Hall.