Historic Facade Improvement Grant Program
The purpose of the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency's Historic Façade Improvement Grant Program is to provide exterior façade design and/or construction assistance to eligible project applicants within the Urban Core and MLK Drive Corridor. This program was established to assist projects that are typically too small to generate historic tax credits.
To determine if your property is located within the Urban Core or MLK Drive Corridor eligibility area, please search the property address using the Eligibility Area Map Tool.
If your property is located within the eligibility area, next determine if your building contributes to a historic district, is a historic landmark, or is otherwise designated as a historic resource in Norwalk by consulting the Historic Eligibility Database.
If your property is within the eligibility area, your building is designated as a historic resource, and your proposed work is in compliant with the Guidelines, please begin the application process and email questions to the Agency's staff at: Redevelopment@norwalkct.org
If your commercial building is not eligible for this program, the City of Norwalk also administers a Storefront Façade Improvement Program that may be appropriate for your property.
If your building is not listed as a historic resource, but is located within the eligibility area, please consider completing the Norwalk Historic Resources Inventory application form.
- Eligibility Area Map Tool
- Historic Eligibility Database
- Historic Façade Improvement Grant - Guidelines
- Guidelines for Historic Preservation Work
- Historic Façade Improvement Grant - Application
- Historic Façade Improvement Grant Program - Flier (English/Spanish)
- Norwalk Historic Resources Inventory Application @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>