Resident, Beach & Boat Passes

A 2019 Beach/Resident Pass printout is only required  to be displayed for parking at Marvin School, and entrance into the Transfer Station, and Yard Debris Site. 
PLAYA/PERMISOS PARA RESIDENTES (para Espanol toque aquí)

The expiration date for your existing pass will be March 31, 2019

Starting March 15, 2019 online verification is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Any resident with delinquent taxes will not be eligible for a Resident Pass until all delinquent taxes are paid. Please contact the Tax Collectors office at 203-854-7731 to resolve any outstanding tax issues.

If your vehicle is not listed not listed on the on the grand list due to purchasing/leasing a new vehicle you will need to come to the Recreation and Parks office with your current registration as long at it states your name and Norwalk address.  That is all you will need to bring in.  If you are a city resident  or property owner but your vehicle is not registered in the City of Norwalk you will need to present one of the documents listed below along with the vehicle registration at the Recreation and Parks Office in City Hall, Room 129 to obtain a resident pass from the City of Norwalk.  If your vehicle is leased you should be able to complete online as long as the vehicle is registered prior to September 25, 2018.  If you cannot then you will need to bring the current registration along with one of the items listed below.

  • Current vehicle registration along with one of the following:

  • - Current HOME LEASE or HOME mortgage statement with a Norwalk address

    - Current City of Norwalk tax bill or property deed

    Please note: The name on the vehicle registration must match the name on the HOME lease, HOME mortgage, Norwalk tax bills, or Norwalk property deed - no exceptions will be made. If your vehicle is a company vehicle you will need to also bring a letter from the company (on company letterhead) stating that you are the sole driver of the vehicle, the vehicle registration along with your proof of norwalk residency in order to obtain your resident pass.  All information will need to be brought in yearly as data base is cleared annually.
    In order to verify your vehicle online you will only need your vehicle license plate number and your vehicle must currently be taxed by the City of Norwalk and registered with the CT Department of Motor Vehicles. This includes both owned and leased vehicles. 
    You may click here to verify or print your resident pass online if you registered your vehicle prior to 9/25/2018

    If you registered your vehicle after 9/25/2018, your vehicle will not be on the City of Norwalk Grand List and you will NOT be able to verify or print your resident pass. You will need to come to the Recreation and Parks Office in City Hall, Room 129 along with your vehicle registration and the required paper work listed above to register for your Resident Pass.

    Residents who don’t have access to a computer and printer or require assistance can access a computer at the Norwalk Senior Center, the Norwalk Public Libraries or at the Recreation and Parks Department in Norwalk City Hall.

    Information for new residents or new vehicle registrations

    Connecticut towns and cities receive motor vehicle registration information from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicle once yearly: in November for vehicles registered prior to September 25, 2018.   Because the City of Norwalk receives information from the DMV only once yearly, a new or updated registration may not be in the City’s tax database when you attempt to verify/print online your Resident Pass. Should this happen to your Norwalk registered vehicle, please visit the Department of Recreation and Parks at Norwalk City Hall to register in person and bring the current motor vehicle registration with you, if vehicle is leased or not taxed in Norwalk then you will also need to bring along with the registration one of the following (your home lease, home mortgage statement, current Norwalk tax bill or Norwalk property deed). 

    Non Resident Landlocked Towns Beach Pass
    Please bring your current car registration with you to purchase the pass.

    Boat Sticker Registration Form

    Boat Stickers will be available on April 1, 2019.  Boats are required to have a Norwalk-issued sticker for Launching purposes. To obtain a boat sticker the boat must be registered in Norwalk, complete the boat sticker registration form and bring the registration form along with your current boat registration to the Recreation and Parks Department. Boat stickers will not be issued to P.O. boxes or to a business.
    Any questions please call 203-854-7806.