The benefits being offered are:
Voluntary Hyatt Legal Plan (MetLaw) - through convenient monthly payroll deductions of $22.50, you’ll have access to a national network of over 14,000 attorneys covering a wide range of fully covered legal services. In-network attorney consultations via telephone or office consultations have no copays. This plan is strictly voluntary but, to participate, you must enroll during the annual open enrollment window by meeting with an on-site MetLife representative or contacting Personnel.
- Employment tenure discounts
- Excellent Driver Discounts
- Simple and quick quoting process
- Toll free claim reporting, available 24/7
- Quote at time of appointment
Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (for Employees and Dependents)
• Municipal Employees can purchase term life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment in $10,000 increments to a maximum of the lesser of 5 times their pay or $500,000. Minimum benefit is $10,000 and the there are no medical questions asked for coverage $100,000 and below
• Firefighters and Police Officers can purchase coverage in $10,000 increments to a maximum of the lesser of 5 times their pay or $500,000. Minimum benefit is $10,000 and the there are no medical questions asked for coverage $100,000 and below
• Child coverage may be purchased in options of $1,000, $2,000, $4,000, $5,000 or $10,000 (not to exceed the spouse benefit amount). NOTE: children 15 days to 6 months old are only eligible for $1,000.
Voluntary Long Term Disability
This is offered at 60% of pre-disability earnings with a maximum monthly benefit of $6,000.
Whole Life Insurance
Whole Life Insurance is a policy that is owned by the employee; it can never be cancelled, even if their health changes. Because the employee owns it, they can take it with them if change jobs or retire with no change in the premium. It helps ensure that short- and long-term financial obligations could be taken care of if something unforeseen should happen. This is a great benefit to supplement other life insurance coverages.
Will have the option to purchase the high plan or the low plan, on a guaranteed issue basis (meaning no medical questions asked). This coverage is designed to provide (to the insured person) coverage for certain losses resulting from an accident only (does not provide reimbursement of medical expenses, and does not replace medical insurance).