RequirementsThe following requirements are necessary to obtain a marriage license from the Town Clerk's Office:
- You must apply in the town where your ceremony is taking place.
- A blood test is no longer required for a marriage license.
- After you complete and submit the marriage license application form, you must wait at least one business day before the completion of your marriage license.
- Any party under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign a consent form. The parent must present identification, and the person under 18 years of age must present a birth certificate.
- Both persons must personally appear. Either party may start the application process; however, the other party must appear before the wedding to sign the application.
Applications & Fees
The fee for a marriage license is $30. The fee for a certified copy of a marriage license is $20.
Note: While you may fill out the licensing form at home, you must still appear in person with your form to complete the licensing process. Please have fees ready at this time.
Additional Application Information
- A marriage license is valid for 65 days from the date of application.
- For same sex couples, identification information may be placed on either side of the form.
- It is not necessary to circle or check bride, groom, or spouse on the licensing application.
- Marriage license applications will be taken until 4:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and until 6:30 pm on Thursdays.
- View a list of Justices of the Peace who can perform your marriage ceremony.